Sunday, May 27, 2012

What's your legacy?

I am reading a book called Quiet Moments with God for Mothers. I have had this book for a long time and never finished it. Yesterday, the part I read was about everyone being God's precious ones. We should be making sure that everyone knows they are precious to God. This made me think about how we treat people. What are my actions showing? Am I showing people they are important?

I went to a graduation Thursday night. It took me back in time. Tamberli and I were trying to remember if that was the song we marched out with and what the speaker talked about. I can't remember. I probably should have paid more attention. I mean graduating high school is an important moment of life. I started thinking...Have I made smart choices? I know I made many mistakes, but did I learn what I needed to from those mistakes? What does my past tell about me?

This morning in church, we talked about taking a stand on important issues and what your legacy will be. The sermon went right along with all that I have been thinking about. Being a teacher, I have a chance to touch many lives. Am I doing all that I can to show them God's love? When I die, what will people remember about my impact on them?

With Memorial Day coming up, I remember all the sacrifices our military has made so we can live in a free country. The legacy of heroes is the memory of a great name and the inheritance of a great example.  ~Benjamin Disraeli 


What will your legacy be?


On another note, Travis built a car wash. I was called into the playroom to see the car wash. He told me his car wash was now open for business. I love watching his imagination grow each day. 




No comments:

Post a Comment