Sunday, May 13, 2012

Praising God

I quit blogging since I felt no one cared and life got hectic. I decided yesterday that it was time to start back and use my blog to not only document my family but to also glorify God. I will try to fill in the gaps of our life later. This post is all about yesterday.

Yesterday was awesome because God is awesome and powerful! We went to a friends house for a pool party. Normally pools are a little worrisome for me, but yesterday I just rolled with the punches. The kids were having a great time. Everyone was getting out of the pool to eat. Reese was playing in my lap, and Travis had dried off. For some reason, Travis went back through the gate to the pool when I wasn't looking. James was drying off at the car and assumed that when he saw Travis he was just putting something back. From what I can gather, Travis dropped something in the pool and jumped in without floaties to retrieve the toy. The pool is shallow on one end where the kids can touch. Travis jumped where it starts to slope. Thankfully God put Jeremy in the right place at the right time. Jeremy jumped in the pool and saved him. God watches us even when we don't know we in trouble. I say this because neither James nor I knew that Travis had gotten into the pool. I knew that something had happened because Ashley kept looking at me and saying Travis is fine everything is ok. I am used to things happening to Travis, and unless he is screaming or crying it is normally nothing major. I wasn't panicked since he wasn't screaming.  I assumed he had just fallen and scraped himself. I mean Travis is one of the clumsiest people I know. He runs into walls and falls all the time.  I know that God knew I couldn't handle dealing with the knowledge of my son almost drown without me holding him and seeing he was ok first. It was like I was disconnected from the whole situation. When it finally all hit me on the way home, I was thinking what a HORRIBLE mother I was not to run over there and check on him. What if something would have happened and I wasn't there for him? What if my baby would have died? What if...? What if...? James told me I didn't know that it was anything serious and that I could think of the what if's. I know that there is no point in talking about the what ifs. I know that there was nothing I could do. I am so very grateful that God is in control not Morgan Davis. Everything happens for a reason. I don't know that reason for this near death experience. I know that it reminds me that everyday is a gift from God and don't waste that time. Love unconditionally, Pray always, and Follow God forever. 

I am going to wake everyone up and get them ready for church. James is going with us today. :) I will post pictures and finish out the rest of yesterday later. 

Happy Mother's Day!!!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome testimony, Morgan! So glad Travis is ok. God is good! He does watch over us all the time. You are a great mom! Don't let Satan bring you down with the "what ifs."

    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morgan, when Billy (my 4 y/o grandson) was about a year old, he fell into the pool at his other grandma's house. My 5 y/o saw him floating and got his mommy, who jumped in and got him and handed him to her mom. They were are panicked as none of them knew CPR, but my son, Billy's daddy, did know CPR as he went to college for sports medicine and had to take it. He did mouth-to-mouth and revived him. The paramedics, when they arrived, said that he had only been in there about a minute as his heart was still beating. The doctors at the hospital said he had saved his life by getting all the water out of his lungs. This happened on my birthday, and it was the longest drive of my life (takes almost 3 hours to get there). He is like your little one; he is clumsy and is always getting hurt. I thank God everyday that he was watching over him. Justin, my son, was heading back out to mow and would not have heard their screams had it happened just a couple of minutes later!! By the way, I miss painting with you!!!

    ReplyDelete