Sunday, June 3, 2012

Day 4: Operation Organize the Red Roof

Day 4:Kitchen Pantry

Yes, I know it looks organized, but everything is just shoved in a box where ever it will fit. 

Step 1: Pull everything out. I chose to put them in piles as I pulled them out. Travis even helped me pull everything out and put it in the correct pile.

Step 2: Clean out the boxes and start putting everything into the boxes.
Step 3: Put everything back into the cabinet. When I put everything in the cabinet, I grouped the like items. (Breakfast foods, Baking, etc.)
Step 4: Make labels to put on the boxes. I think I am going to make labels for the can shelves also.


I found out I had several doubles of things. I also used some of those shower baskets to put my aluminum foil and ziplock bags. I love being able to find things. I want something to put the noodles in, but I haven't found anything yet. 

Several months ago, I found a blog about using a tension rod as a spice rack on Pinterest. I turned mine into a double rack using two tension rods. I must say that I am still keeping the spices organized. It makes it very easy to find the different spices quickly.

I also used the command strip hooks to hand all my measuring cups. I labeled the bottom of the cups. I am never hunting a certain cup that ended up in the back of the drawer.




No comments:

Post a Comment