Sunday, June 3, 2012

1st Dentist Trip

Thursday was our first dentist appointment. I love going to the dentist. Mom still has the paper from Kindergarten where I put my favorite thing to do was to go to the dentist. :) I know I'm weird. I like to think of it as unique. Travis was able to go to the same dentist that I have gone to my whole life. 


We had NO cavities and he let them clean his teeth. :) He was Sooo excited to get his goodie bag. He racked up with a free ice cream cone, toy car, tooth brush, toothpaste, and balloony.
Eating his ice cream from Dairy Queen!

Travis and Balloony (Travis said, "Look Mom,  Balloony only has one teeth.")
We have been struggling with doing everything we need to get done and with some of our behavior. I decided we would try a chart to help us. I browsed through Pinterest looking for ideas. I looked at several different posts. I can't remember exactly which ones I used. Anyways, Travis and Reese both have chore charts. We have morning and afternoon chores. We put up stars as we complete the tasks. So far, it has worked out wonderfully. The first day, they read the chart at least 10 times to make sure they finished everything. We also have a behavior chart that we fill out at night. They get a red star if they need to improve their actions, a silver star if it was an ok day, and a gold star if it was an outstanding day. Our goal obviously is to have all gold stars. I wanted to make sure this would work before I spent a ton of time in making a magnetic chart for them. Reese is a little young for all of it, but I didn't want her to fill left out. Travis and I just help her out with her chores. Travis is working VERY hard to earn gold stars. He mentions them several times a day.


I also made a Memorial Day/ 4th of July/ Veterans Day wreath. I saw the cutest wreath on Pinterest at A Night Owl's blog. I modified it of course. I used Navy ribbon instead of tulle and I added rhinestone stars. I absolutely love this! So far, Bama has resisted eating it. She eats everything she can get her paws on. We have already been through several buckets and tennis balls. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment